This is a night-flying RC event so light up your aircraft, come out, camp out (no hookups), enjoy the BBQ (donation required) and fly till you run out of batteries or lose orientation whichever is first. This is an open to all modelers and their families to attend. The event is being sponsored by the Madera Area Radio Control Society (MARCS) and hosted at the Fresno Radio Modelers (FRM) field on Avenue 12.
Our fundraising efforts and new lifetime memberships gave us the boost to hit our target to fund our new pit project. A target we could not have done without your efforts. We are now urgently moving ahead with a very ambitious project to have a new concrete pit area (120′ x 24′) with metal shade structure completed by end of September. What we’ll need are volunteers! So, it’s going to be a busy September. Mark your calendars, here’s the construction schedule for the concrete and 24×120′ metal shade structure:
- 8/29 Cutting of poles, elevation surveys, final grading
- 9/5 Arrange for delivery of scaffolds, final grading, complete cutting of poles, start setting 2×4 forms
- 9/12 First concrete pour – North Pit
- 9/19 Second and final concrete pour – South Pit, concrete work completed.
- 9/20 Finish setting all vertical poles (x14) and paint
- 9/21 Arrival of metal roof materials
- 9/21 – 9/27 Metal structure construction/assembly
- 9/27 New metal shade structure completed.
- 10/3 Club meeting, Clean Up and Fun Fly, and BBQ as follows:
The location or this meeting will be at Peg Field. Meeting will begin at 9AM and last until 10:00 am; We’ll then begin the fun fly at 10AM and at dark will roll out the night-flyers.
The agenda for the meeting will be:
- Shade Structure and Pit Area Expansion Completion
- Upcoming Kings Canyon Jet Rally (Fall Edition)
- Field Use (Sierra Meadows and Peg)
- Fancher Creek Update
- March IMAC Event (Tentative)
- Heli Event in the Spring
- Warbird Event in the Spring
- Glider Event in the Spring
- Clovis Area Modelers – Intro to Flying Day Camp at Sierra Meadows
As Covid is still a overshadowing our recreational activities; masks and distancing will be respected.
So, lets get together, Mask Up & Fly On..
Come and join us for our clubs warbird event. All warbirds welcome from World War I to present. We will also be celebrating our clubs 35th. Anniversary. Event will be held at our club field.
Warbird event all warbirds welcome, gas, glow and electric. $20.00 landing fee for pilots includes a lunch. We are also celebrating our clubs 35th. anniversary to honor our clubs founding fathers that are no longer with us. Clubs T- shirts will also be on sale. May 2nd. 2020, pilots meeting at 9:00AM, event location our club field, Tranquility.
Welcome to the 2021 Clovis Area Modelers annual RC IMAC
“Kings Canyon ” Aerobatic Challenge
(Event#1 – March 25-28, 2021 – Tentative Date)
(Event #2 – September 23-26, 2021 – Firm Date)
THE FIELD VENUE and CAMPING and DIRECTIONS
Peg field has a re-surfaced 700’ runway with an overall length of 3,000’ with the sun mostly at your back as the pits face north. The Pit Tarmac is 100 feet wide with limited shading. The field provides adequate room for RV/Trailer parking and overnight camping (dry camping only).
More Info and directions go to: https://clovisrc.club/flying-fields/
The field will be open for IMAC practice starting on Friday at 8am. Pilots Meeting to be held Saturday at 8:30AM.
Links to the Flyers
- PDF File
- JPG File
- PNG File
THE COMPETITION & FEES
Entry fee: $40 for IMAC members, $60 for Non IMAC members. First time Intro/Basic pilots are free.
IMAC Competition for Basic, Sportsman, Intermediate Advanced and Unlimited will be both Saturday and Sunday. Freestyle demo/competition Saturday afternoon.
AN INTRO TO AEROBATIC IMAC COMPETITION
Any AMA R/C Pilot who would like to try aerobatic (IMAC) competition but who has never flown in a contest before should come out Thursday at 4PM and attend our 1-2 hour orientation (where we will cover, flying etiquette, maneuvers, sequences, scoring, points, k-factors, the box, turn-arounds, callers, and scribing); then. learn and practice the BASIC sequence. On Saturday at 8AM, Intro Pilots may sign up at the field; where, you will be assisted by the Contest Director and other experienced IMAC Veteran pilots on what to do. You will have the opportunity to fly our INTRO/BASIC sequence in the Contest for the first time for FREE. For an Intro on IMAC and planes recommended, go to : http://www.flyingtigers.ca/PDF/SA_Intro.pdf
RECOMMENDED AIRCRAFT FOR INTRO/BEGINNER
As for the aircraft, bring what you have now. Fixed Wing – Gas/Glow or Electric and join the fun and take advantage of this opportunity to join our IMAC family. The recommended sizes for planes to compete with at the INTRO/BASIC Level are:
- Any Low Wing Electric Aerobatic 1.1meter/42” w/s; (a Sukhoi, Extra, Visionaire etc.)
- Any Low Wing Aerobatic .40 -.60 size model – w/s ~48”–60” (Ugly Stik/EasySport OK!)
- Any LW Aerobatic 1.20 + size model with w/s ~ 60”– 80”, weight under 12 lbs.
- Any LW Aerobatic 25cc –50cc with w/s ~ 80”–90”, weight under 20 lbs
- Concessions and/or lunch will be offered for Saturday and Sunday
- Onsite Portable Toilets
- Large Parking Area
- 25 min from Clovis, CA
- Contest Director: Conrad Nerdahl (559-289-5468) / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contest Coordinator: Morris Fruit (559-259-2058)
- Co-Contest Coordinator: Dale Grant (559-696-5128)
- Hosting Club website: https://clovisrc.club/