This is a night-flying RC event so light up your aircraft, come out, camp out (no hookups), enjoy the BBQ (donation required) and fly till you run out of batteries or lose orientation whichever is first. This is an open to all modelers and their families to attend. The event is being sponsored by the Madera Area Radio Control Society (MARCS) and hosted at the Fresno Radio Modelers (FRM) field on Avenue 12.
Our fundraising efforts and new lifetime memberships gave us the boost to hit our target to fund our new pit project. A target we could not have done without your efforts. We are now urgently moving ahead with a very ambitious project to have a new concrete pit area (120′ x 24′) with metal shade structure completed by end of September. What we’ll need are volunteers! So, it’s going to be a busy September. Mark your calendars, here’s the construction schedule for the concrete and 24×120′ metal shade structure:
- 8/29 Cutting of poles, elevation surveys, final grading
- 9/5 Arrange for delivery of scaffolds, final grading, complete cutting of poles, start setting 2×4 forms
- 9/12 First concrete pour – North Pit
- 9/19 Second and final concrete pour – South Pit, concrete work completed.
- 9/20 Finish setting all vertical poles (x14) and paint
- 9/21 Arrival of metal roof materials
- 9/21 – 9/27 Metal structure construction/assembly
- 9/27 New metal shade structure completed.
- 10/3 Club meeting, Clean Up and Fun Fly, and BBQ as follows:
The location or this meeting will be at Peg Field. Meeting will begin at 9AM and last until 10:00 am; We’ll then begin the fun fly at 10AM and at dark will roll out the night-flyers.
The agenda for the meeting will be:
- Shade Structure and Pit Area Expansion Completion
- Upcoming Kings Canyon Jet Rally (Fall Edition)
- Field Use (Sierra Meadows and Peg)
- Fancher Creek Update
- March IMAC Event (Tentative)
- Heli Event in the Spring
- Warbird Event in the Spring
- Glider Event in the Spring
- Clovis Area Modelers – Intro to Flying Day Camp at Sierra Meadows
As Covid is still a overshadowing our recreational activities; masks and distancing will be respected.
So, lets get together, Mask Up & Fly On..
Come and join us for our clubs warbird event. All warbirds welcome from World War I to present. We will also be celebrating our clubs 35th. Anniversary. Event will be held at our club field.
Warbird event all warbirds welcome, gas, glow and electric. $20.00 landing fee for pilots includes a lunch. We are also celebrating our clubs 35th. anniversary to honor our clubs founding fathers that are no longer with us. Clubs T- shirts will also be on sale. May 2nd. 2020, pilots meeting at 9:00AM, event location our club field, Tranquility.
On Clovis Area Modelers – Peg Field – at the base of Campbell Mt.. toward the gateway for Kings Canyon National Park; the venue supports 2 control line fields; one is a concrete pad while the other is packed dirt.
The competition supports nostalgic Vintage Combat – a show and funfly event (Fri); High Performance 1/2A (Fri); 80mph Speed Limit (Sat) (.018 lines required); BigBlock Fast(Sat/Sun); and F2D Fast (Sun).
Registration is $30 per event or $100 for all. Pilots meetings are at 8:30 with wings up at 9am. Lunch is included all three days with registration.
There is camping on-site but no hookups. The field venue is 15 miles north of Reedley and 30 miles east of Fresno/Clovis.
First Annual Kings Canyon Feli-Fest – More Info to Come
Flying starts on Thurs 5/21/2021 AMA / FAA ID required.60″ Bipe 80″ Mono. Jets 140″ (Span+Fuse) RV’s welcome, no hook-ups. RC and food vendors on-site. Night flying open flying after 5pm all days controlled flight-line day and night. All planes inspected. More info at https://clovisrc.club/events/reedleygiantscaleflyin/