** CANCELLED & RESCHEDULED to 2021 **
Welcome to the 2021 Clovis Area Modelers
“Kings Canyon Aerobatic IMAC Challenges”
(March 27-28, 2021 – Tentative)
(September 25-26, 2021)
Welcome to the First Annual Clovis Area Modelers – Kings Canyon Avalanche IMAC Scale Aerobatic Challenge. This event is open to all AMA registered RC pilots. For those that haven’t flown in aerobatic competition, this is also an opportunity to learn about the Clovis Area Modelers (ClovisRC) and also the International Miniature Aerobatic Club (IMAC) and “What is Scale Aerobatics?”
This is a great opportunity for RC Pilots to learn how to control all the facets of their radio controlled aircraft. So, please accept Clovis Area Modelers invitation to come out and compete, learn to compete, or see what this is all about.
THE FIELD VENUE and CAMPING and DIRECTIONS
Peg field has a re-surfaced 700’ runway with an overall length of 3,000’ with the sun mostly at your back as the pits face north. The Pit Tarmac is 100 feet wide with limited shading. The field provides adequate room for RV/Trailer parking and overnight camping (dry camping only).
For Directions go to: https://clovisrc.club/flying-fields/#dirpegfield
THE COMPETITION & FEES
Entry fee: $40 for IMAC members, $60 for Non IMAC members. First time Intro/Basic are free.
- IMAC Competition for Basic, Sportsman, Intermediate, Advanced and Unlimited will be both Saturday and Sunday.
- Awards for all 5 Levels from 1st-3rd Place.
- Freestyle demo/competition Saturday afternoon.
- Field will be open for IMAC practice starting on Friday at 8am.
- Signups/Check-in Saturday at 8:00 AM.
- Pilots Meeting to be held Saturday at 8:30 AM.
Link to the Flyers
- PDF Version
- PNG Version
- JPG Version
AN INTRO TO AEROBATIC IMAC COMPETITION
Any AMA R/C Pilot who would like to try aerobatic (IMAC) competition but who has never flown in a contest before should come out Thursday at 4PM and attend our 1-2 hour orientation (where we will cover, flying etiquette, maneuvers, sequences, scoring, points, k-factors, the box, turn-arounds, callers, and scribing); then. learn and practice the BASIC sequence. On Saturday at 8AM, Intro Pilots may sign up at the field; where, you will be assisted by the Contest Director and other experienced IMAC Veteran pilots on what to do. You will have the opportunity to fly our INTRO/BASIC sequence in the Contest for the first time for FREE. For an Intro on IMAC and planes recommended, go to : http://www.flyingtigers.ca/PDF/SA_Intro.pdf
RECOMMENDED AIRCRAFT FOR INTRO/BEGINNER
As for the aircraft, bring what you have now. Fixed Wing – Gas/Glow or Electric and join the fun and take advantage of this opportunity to join our IMAC family. The recommended sizes for planes to compete with at the INTRO/BASIC Level are:
- Any Low Wing Electric Aerobatic 1.1meter/42” w/s; (a Sukhoi, Extra, Edge, Visionaire etc.)
- Any Low Wing Aerobatic .40 -.60 size model – w/s from ~48”–60” (Ugly Stiks/EasySport OK!)
- Any LW Aerobatic 1.20 + size model with w/s ~ 60”– 80”, weight under 12 lbs.
- Any LW Aerobatic 25cc –50cc with w/s ~ 80”–90”, weight under 20 lbs
If you got it; fly it.
- Concessions and/or lunch will be offered for Saturday and Sunday
- Onsite Portable Toilets
- Onsite Camping – no hookups
- Large Parking Area
- 17 Min from Sanger or Reedley; and, CA; 25 from Clovis
- Contest Director: Conrad Nerdahl (559-289-5468) / email@example.com
- Contest Coordinator: Morris Fruit (559-259-2058)
- Co-Contest Coordinator: Dale Grant (559-696-5128)
- Hosting Club website: https://clovisrc.club/