Welcome to the 2021 Clovis Area Modelers annual RC IMAC
“Kings Canyon ” Aerobatic Challenge
(September 25-26, 2021)
THE FIELD VENUE and CAMPING and DIRECTIONS
Peg field has a re-surfaced 700’ runway with an overall length of 3,000’ with the sun mostly at your back as the pits face north. The Pit/Shade area is 120’x26′ deep and offers 20′ wide bays for large scale aircraft access. Each bay is equipped with 110vac outlets and lighting via Solar/Generator power. There is a 120’x15′ Tarmac in front of the pits with two (2) 65’x15′ concrete ramps to the runway. The field provides adequate room for RV/Trailer parking and overnight camping (dry camping only).
More Info and directions go to: https://clovisrc.club/flying-fields/
The field will be open for IMAC practice starting on Friday at 8am. Pilots Meeting to be held Saturday at 8:00AM.
Links to the Flyers
- PDF File
- JPG File
- PNG File
THE COMPETITION & FEES
Entry fee: $50 for IMAC members, $70 for Non IMAC members. First time Intro/Basic pilots are free with IMAC membership.
IMAC Competition for Basic, Sportsman, Intermediate Advanced and Unlimited will be both Saturday and Sunday. Freestyle demo/competition Saturday afternoon depending on Pilot availability.
AN INTRO TO AEROBATIC IMAC COMPETITION
Any AMA R/C Pilot who would like to try aerobatic (IMAC) competition but who has never flown in a contest before should come out Thursday at 4PM and attend our 1-2 hour orientation (where we will cover, flying etiquette, maneuvers, sequences, scoring, points, k-factors, the box, turn-arounds, callers, and scribing); then. learn and practice the BASIC sequence. On Saturday at 8AM, Intro Pilots may sign up at the field; where, you will be assisted by the Contest Director and other experienced IMAC Veteran pilots on what to do. You will have the opportunity to fly our INTRO/BASIC sequence in the Contest. For an Intro on IMAC and planes recommended, go to : http://www.flyingtigers.ca/PDF/SA_Intro.pdf
RECOMMENDED AIRCRAFT FOR INTRO/BEGINNER
As for the aircraft, bring what you have now. Fixed Wing – Gas/Glow or Electric and join the fun and take advantage of this opportunity to join our IMAC family. The recommended sizes for planes to compete with at the INTRO/BASIC Level are:
- Any Low Wing Electric Aerobatic 1.1meter/42” w/s; (a Sukhoi, Extra, Visionaire etc.)
- Any Low Wing Aerobatic .40 -.60 size model – w/s ~48”–60” (Ugly Stik/EasySport OK!)
- Any LW Aerobatic 1.20 + size model with w/s ~ 60”– 80”, weight under 12 lbs.
- Any LW Aerobatic 25cc –50cc with w/s ~ 80”–90”, weight under 20 lbs
- Concessions and/or lunch will be offered for Saturday and Sunday
- Onsite Portable Toilets
- Large Parking Area
- 25 min from Clovis, CA
- Contest Director: Conrad Nerdahl (559-289-5468) / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contest Coordinator: Morris Fruit (559-259-2058)
- Co-Contest Coordinator: Dale Grant (559-696-5128)
- Hosting Club website: https://clovisrc.club/