Come join us for the Annual Bear Moutian IMAC! Enjoy one of the finest flying sites in California, with a wide open field and great facilities.
Overnight camping is allowed starting on Thursday evening.
The field will be open Friday for Practice.
IMAC Pilots $40.00 ; Non IMAC Pilots $60.00
DO NOT FUEL YOUR AIRPLANE ON THE GRASS!
Welcome to the 2020 Clovis Area Modelers 1st annual RC IMAC
“Kings Canyon Avalanche” Challenge
(September 24-27, 2020)
THE FIELD VENUE and CAMPING and DIRECTIONS
Peg field has a re-surfaced 700’ runway with an overall length of 3,000’ with the sun mostly at your back as the pits face north. The Pit Tarmac is 100 feet wide with limited shading. The field provides adequate room for RV/Trailer parking and overnight camping (dry camping only).
More Info and directions go to: https://clovisrc.club/flying-fields/
The field will be open for IMAC practice starting on Friday at 8am. Pilots Meeting to be held Saturday at 8:30AM.
Links to the Flyers
THE COMPETITION & FEES
Entry fee: $40 for IMAC members, $60 for Non IMAC members. First time Intro/Basic pilots are free.
IMAC Competition for Basic, Sportsman, Intermediate Advanced and Unlimited will be both Saturday and Sunday. Freestyle demo/competition Saturday afternoon.
AN INTRO TO AEROBATIC IMAC COMPETITION
Any AMA R/C Pilot who would like to try aerobatic (IMAC) competition but who has never flown in a contest before should come out Thursday at 4PM and attend our 1-2 hour orientation (where we will cover, flying etiquette, maneuvers, sequences, scoring, points, k-factors, the box, turn-arounds, callers, and scribing); then. learn and practice the BASIC sequence. On Saturday at 8AM, Intro Pilots may sign up at the field; where, you will be assisted by the Contest Director and other experienced IMAC Veteran pilots on what to do. You will have the opportunity to fly our INTRO/BASIC sequence in the Contest for the first time for FREE. For an Intro on IMAC and planes recommended, go to : http://www.flyingtigers.ca/PDF/SA_Intro.pdf
RECOMMENDED AIRCRAFT FOR INTRO/BEGINNER
As for the aircraft, bring what you have now. Fixed Wing – Gas/Glow or Electric and join the fun and take advantage of this opportunity to join our IMAC family. The recommended sizes for planes to compete with at the INTRO/BASIC Level are:
- Any Low Wing Electric Aerobatic 1.1meter/42” w/s; (a Sukhoi, Extra, Edge, Visionaire etc.)
- Any Low Wing Aerobatic .40 -.60 size model – w/s from ~48”–60” (Ugly Stiks/EasySport OK!)
- Any LW Aerobatic 1.20 + size model with w/s ~ 60”– 80”, weight under 12 lbs.
- Any LW Aerobatic 25cc –50cc with w/s ~ 80”–90”, weight under 20 lbs
- Concessions and/or lunch will be offered for Saturday and Sunday
- Onsite Portable Toilets
- Large Parking Area
- 17 Min from Sanger, CA
- Contest Director: Conrad Nerdahl (559-289-5468) / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contest Coordinator: Morris Fruit (559-259-2058)
- Co-Contest Coordinator: Dale Grant (559-696-5128)
- Hosting Club website: https://clovisrc.club/